Who may like Layla mattress
- If you are a side sleeper, most side sleepers tend to sleep on soft (or medium) feeling mattress. Layla is a 2 in 1 mattress (2 firmness scales), the soft side brings soft to medium feelings, you won’t wake up with dead arms or severe neck/back pain after sleeping on Layla. But Purple is very firm, firmer than the most medium feeling mattress on the market. I bet you won’t like it if you are a side sleeper or a combination sleeper who ends up on your side very often.
- If you want to save money, with our powerful coupon code GBM100, you can get $100 OFF on official site. You can get a queen size Layla at $800. But if you choose Purple, you have to pay nearly $1,000.
- If you want a long warranty and a free trial. You can enjoy a lifetime warranty if you pick Layla. Purple only provides a 10-year warranty. And if you are not satisfied with your Layla mattress, you can return within 120 nights for free, but if you choose Purple, the sleep trial is only 100 nights.
- If you like memory foam mattresses, Layla is the first copper memory foam mattress in the world. Memory foam can provide you ultimate contouring, comfort, and pain relief, but it feels hotter than traditional innerspring mattress (especially for the big guy). Layla fixed this by adding copper into memory foam, using THERMOgel technology in the mattress cover, and a 2″ layer of foam designed to increase airflow. These three features work together to deliver the ultimate cooling solution. Purple didn’t use memory foam, if we just talk about comfort, I believe Layla did a better job than Purple.
- If you want low motion transfer. You can hardly feel any movement from your partner with Layla, especially when are using the soft side. On this item, Purple performs just so-so.
Who may like Purple mattress
- If you want to try something new. Most mattress manufacturers choose memory foam or latex as a key material. But Purple is different, they use hyperelastic polymer (grid shape) as the top layer. Per the official site, this layer can provide a temperature neutral, hypoallergenic, responsive, and comfortable sleep experience.
- If you want a heavy mattress, as we mentioned before, Purple use neither memory foam nor latex. Their key material is the hyperelastic polymer and high-density polyurethane foam, and their queen size is about 8-10 lbs more than Layla.
- If you want more bounce. Without a doubt, you can get more pushback from Purple than Layla.
As we claimed befoe, personally, we don’t recommend Purple (Also Casper and Saatva). We don’t mean Purple is bad, some mattress review site also gave it high (at least above average) score, but I think you don’t have to pay $999 for a 9.5″ (thinner than industry standard) polyurethane foam mattress because there are better choices available.
For back sleepers, I think both of them are good. But for side sleepers, don’t buy Purple. It is too hard and you’ll surely return it within the trial period.