Tuft & Needle is another online mattress company founded in 2012 by two software engineers, who were fed up with the lack of transparency and fairness in the mattress industry. They promised to deliver high-quality mattresses at fair prices. As we know, online mattress means nowhere to have a try before buying (Update on 01/23/2016: a new store is now opened in San Francisco. 637 King St. in SoMa), so they provide a 100-night sleep trial, a risk-free choice for customers.
Compared with other online mattress brands like Leesa, Casper, Saatva, Tuft & Needle offers a more attractive price, in fact, it sells the cheapest online mattresses you can find. The low price doesn’t mean low quality here. They are 100% made in the USA, and they cut the cost of middlemen to make this happen. you may refer to the video below to know the secret of high price in the mattress industry.
What is Tuft & Needle Mattress Made of
At first, T&N foam mattresses are hybrid products. There are only 2 layers of foam within a T&N mattress, total height is 10 inches. The top layer is 3 inches, the support layer is 7 inches, and the two foam layers are joined together by rubber and water mixture. It is certified by Green Guard for safety concerns.
The top 3-inch comfort layer is Tuft & Needle Adaptive Foam, a proprietary T&N foam layer, which provides pressure relief and support without feeling like you’re sinking in and getting trapped. It’s also infused with cooling gel and graphite to help you sleep cool.
This top foam is produced by T&N itself, one purpose is to save cost, another purpose is the current solution like memory foam has its defect, memory foam mattresses while giving comfort, often feel hot if you sink into them, and prevent you from the free movement as well.
The support layer on the bottom is 7 inches thick, and it helps keep your spine and neck properly aligned.
The firmness of Tuft & Needle
T&N only have one firmness, it made a lot of market surveys and plans to build a mattress fit for everyone. This is some kind of ideal, because there is no mattress that fit for everyone. T&N comes in at 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which is a little firmer than products of other online mattress companies.
Who has the highest satisfaction on T&N
- Medium weight people, the Tuft & Needle mattress is likely best suited for people of average size, namely those of 120-220 pounds.
- Back sleepers, this mattress is mostly well suited for back sleepers, especially those seeking above-average firmness and support. For they often seeking a medium to firm mattress.
- The one with back pain, Tuft&Needle is firmer than most online mattress, if your doctor agrees, you can take a try.
- Front (Stomach) sleepers, this mattress is mostly well suited for stomach sleepers, but it may be regarded as excessively firm by some lighter people.
- Silent sleepers, like other foam mattresses, T&N is silent, with localized movement that prevents disturbing sleep partners.
Who has the lowest satisfaction on T&N
- Light people, people under 120 pounds may find the mattress too firm and lacking conforming ability.
- Side sleepers, as many as 30% of side sleepers report at least some discomfort due to the high firmness, but they often feel great after set up a mattress topper to soften the bed.
Other Features of T&N Mattress
- Handcrafted in the USA, the fabric comes from a 90-year-old, family-owned textile mill in the Carolinas, the foam is freshly poured and cut here in the USA, they put the finishing touches in Southern California, compress the mattresses for efficient delivery and send straight to you
- Ship free with a small box, the mattress is compressed into a box the size of a mini fridge so it’s easy to handle. Almost every mattress can be delivered within 7 business days. Shipping is free (except to Alaska and Hawaii) and delivered by FedEx.
- 100-night trial, free, zero hassle returns, so this is a risk-free choice for customers.
- 10 years warranty, almost every online mattress brand has the same warranty, not very long, but enough, T&N is an awesome choice for transition but not for lifelong.
Price and size
The price ranges from $350 to $750 based on size, this is almost the best mattress you can get at such a reasonable price. And T&N get as high as 4.5/5 ratings on Amazon.
Overall, T&N is simple, simple at the material, shipment and return; it’s designed to cover most people’s requirement, especially the young man. I would recommend T&N to you
- If you are young newlywed couples
- If you just graduated from school
- If you are someone who prefers medium to firm mattress
- If you want a cooler sleeping experience during midnight